- Product Code: Pristiq
- Availability: In Stock
|10 pills||$ 3.1||
|20 pills||$ 2.55||
|30 pills||$ 2.4||
|60 pills||$ 2.1||
||Free Regular Shipping||
|90 pills||$ 2.02||
||Free Regular Shipping||
|120 pills||$ 1.95||
||Free Express Shipping||
|180 pills||$ 1.82||
||Free Express Shipping||
Pristiq, chemical name (desvenlafaxine) is an anti-depressant drug that is part of a group of drugs known as norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors and selective serotonin. Pristiq affects the chemicals in our brain that is unbalanced due to depression in people. The.drug is highly used for the treatment of the high depressive disorder. There are multiple other purposes of the medicine which are not listed in the medication guide,
The drug is an extended form of a tablet which is taken orally and also contains SNRI (desvenlafaxine succinate) for the treatment of MDD. Desvenlafaxine is the active metabolite of venlafaxine, the medication used for the treatment of major depression disorder.
Pristiq is an off white powder which is highly soluble in water. The solubilty also depends on Ph of the liquid. The tablet is taken as oral administration once in a day. The tablets of Pristine comes in 38mg, 152 mg and 76 mg and includes desvenlafaxine succinate which is equivalent t 50mmg, or 100mg desvenlafaxine.
Pristiqu comes in synthetic form of the active metabolite of venlafaxine. When the normal metabolizers have an intake of venlafaxine, nearly 70% of the initial dose is also metabolized into desvenlafaxine, so the overall effects of the both the drugs are pretty much expected to be quite similar. The drug works by holding or blocking the "reuptake" transporters with key neurotransmitters and affecting the mood, leaving extra active neurotransmitters to synapse. The neurotransmitters that are affected are 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotinin) and norepinephrine (noradrenaline). Pristiqqqq is approximately 10 times highly potent at inhibiting serotonin uptake.
Pristiq is recommended to be given in the dose of 50 mg daily once.
- It can be given with or without food
- The dosage of 50mg is both starting and therapeutic dose.
- It is important to take the medicine at the same time every day.
- The whole tablet needs to be swallowed at once and there should be no chewing, crushing and dissolving.
Clinical Studies Dosage
- The recommended dose for clinical studies is between 10mg - 400mg per day. This dose is known to be the most effective, though there was no record of additional benefit if the dose is greater than 50 mg per day. With higher dosage discontinuations and adverse reactions were reported.
- The dose of 25 mg every day is intended for the discontinuation purpose. When patient plans to discontinue the therapy after the recommendation from the doctor, gradual reduction of dose is recommended whenever it is possible to lower down the discontinuation symptoms.
Dose: Patients With Renal Impairment
Dose: Patients With Hepatic Impairment
- The basic recommended dose for the patients suffering from moderate to high hepatic impairment is 50mg every day.
- The dose can be increased up to 100 mg every day but not than that.
- Advisable to store at normal room temperature from 68 to 77 degree Fi. (20 to 25 degree Celsius)
- Always store the drug away from the direct sunlight li class="lstli">Keep away from the moisture
- Not advised storing in the bathroom
- Advisable to keep the medicines far away from pets and children
- While discarding the medicine, do not flush it down the toilet li class="lstli">Do not pour it into a drain (Read the instruction leaflet for disposal)
- Discard the medicine properly when expired or not needed
- Always consult the pharmacist or local disposal waste management
- Always check with your doctor about your progress with regular visits to all him to make necessary changes in the dose which will help in decrease in side effects.
- Doctor may check the blood pressure and blood level for any affect caused by the medicine
- Do not mix Pristiq and monoamine oxidase inhibitor.
- If you mix both of them or do not wait for the proper amount of time, there can be symptoms of confusion, restlessness, intestinal symptoms and extremely high blood pressure and also the case of severe convulsions.
- Do not use the medicine which contains venlafaxine while taking the course of Pristiq
- Desvenlafaxine can also cause teenagers and also young adults to be irritable, agitated or there could be any display of abnormal behaviours. This may also result in having suicidal thoughts among some people and can lead to suicidal tendencies and can end up with severe depression. li class="lstli">There are reports of people having trouble while sleeping, can also get upset very easily,reckless behavior.
- In case any of the above mentioned symptoms are observed by your or the care taker, immediately consult your doctor about the condition such as bipolar disorder or has intended to commit suicide.
- Do not suddenly stop the intake of this medicine. It is always advisable that you first check with your doctor. Doctor may suggest you to gradually decrease the amount the initial dose before asking you to completely stop the dose to decrease the chance of side effects like breathing problems, diarrhoea, lightheadednes, dizziness, chest pain, fast heartbeat, increased sweating, confusion, running nose, trembling, trouble in sleeping, vomiting, weakness, tiredness, shaking and weakness or chances of vomiting and vision changes.
- Pristiq can also cause the severe condition known as serotonin syndrome if it is taken together with some sort of medicine.
- It is important to check with the doctor before starting the dose while you are already taking any other prescription. Doing this will keep you from the potential side effects.
- Inform your doctor if in case you face the chest problems, trouble in breathing, cough while taking this medicine. This could be the major symptoms for serious lung disease.
- The medicine can increase risk in case of bleeding problems, Any intake of medicine which results in thinning of the blood like aspirin, ibuprofen, Advil or warfarin should be known to the doctor.
- The medicine can also lead to low sodium content in blood. This situation can be more common among elderly patients who takes diuretic drugs for heavy blood pressure, also with decreased amount of fluid in body with vomiting and severe diarrhoea.
- Check with the doctor immediately if you suffer from symptoms of confusion,memory problems, a headache, weakness, trouble concentrating, or unsteady feeling when standing. li class="lstli">The use of alcohol is not recommended for the patients taking this medicine
- Before undergoing any medical test, ensure that you inform the doctor about the intake of this medicine because the medicine can alter the test results.
- Do not take the medicine without consulting the doctor
- Some of the common side effects are insomnia, drowsiness, nausea, hyperhidrosis, constipation and xerostomia.
- More side effects include: vomiting, vertigo, blurred vision, abnormal dreams, yawning, chills and mydriasis.
- Some of the most commonly known side effects were dry mouth, constipation.insomnia, headache and dizziness.